A residents meeting will be held on Monday 17th July, 6-7pm in the Harness Room at the Lulworth Estate Office.
Camp Bestival is committed to engaging with the local community. We regularly engage with Dorset County Council, Police, Fire and Ambulance services, and the highways and transport teams at South West Trains and Go South Coast. We also listen carefully to parish councils in the surrounding areas of the event.
Details of the forthcoming Camp Bestival 2024 event at Lulworth Castle are:
• Event dates: Thursday 25th July to Monday 29th July
• Site build/break: Tuesday 9th July to Tuesday 6th August
While we hope there is no cause to do so, residents can call this number for any matters of concern relating to the festival: 0203 475 0701
Operational times are 24 hours during the event: from Thursday 25th July 09:00 to Monday 29th July 17:00
Email: [email protected]
Please note: There is no amplified music on Thursday 25th July except for pre-agreed soundchecks between 16:00 and 19:00.
A dedicated Residents Manager will work with residents to discuss and resolve issues and feedback any suggestions for future improvement. Contact is via the residents’ hotline number or email as above.
Representatives from our Event Management Team, including Acoustic Consultants, together with representatives from Dorset County Council are on site throughout the weekend to respond to any issues.
Security staff are on duty in East Lulworth and Coombe Keynes villages for the duration of the events.
Event Build & Break Traffic
All contractor traffic coming to Lulworth Castle have been instructed to access the site via the B3070 across the Range Road and around the village bypass to avoid East Lulworth Village as is practicable. Some vehicles will need to access the east of the site, via East Lulworth village. This will be kept to a minimum. Break traffic will also adhere to these instructions.
Event Visitors Arrival
• Arrival from the West – directed off the A352 at Burton Cross onto New Buildings Road
• Arrival from the East and the Home Counties – directed south from Bere Regis to Wool roundabout then East bound on the A352, turning right onto the B3070 over Holmebridge level crossing
• Arrival from Poole / Bournemouth – directed south on the Wareham by-pass at the Worgret roundabout. At the Springfield Hotel traffic will be directed onto Holme Lane
Event Visitors Leaving
• All egress traffic is directed back the way they arrived.
One Way Systems
New Buildings Road
• One-way southbound from 07:00 Thursday to 17:00 Sunday
• One-way northbound from 17:00 Sunday to 15:00 Monday,
• One way westbound from 07:00 to 19:00 Thursday & Friday
• One way eastbound from 07:00 to 15:00 Monday
Temporary Speed Limits
Temporary speed limits are in place for the duration of the event.
As with previous years, the following paths will be partially closed from Sunday 21st July until Tuesday 30th July:
• Footpath number SE 13 / 2
• Footpath number SE 13 / 3
• Footpath number SE 10 / 4
There are litter picking teams active each day, cleaning roads in the surrounding area regularly.
Please note there is a fireworks display lasting 15 minutes on Sunday 28th July at approximately 22:30.
Dorset Police are providing enhanced cover throughout the event in East Lulworth village, the Camp Bestival site, and surrounding areas. Dial 999 if life is at risk or a crime is in progress.
Residents tickets will be available for eligible areas that fall into the community consultation process nearer to the festival.