Camp Bestival is committed to engaging with the local community. We regularly engage with Dorset County Council, Police, Fire and Ambulance; the highways and transport teams at South West Trains and Go South Coast. We also listen carefully to the parish councils in the surrounding areas of the event.
Details of the forthcoming Camp Bestival event at Lulworth Castle are below:
• Event dates: Thursday 28th July to Monday 1st August
• Site build/break: Thursday 14th July to Tuesday 9th August
Whilst we hope you will not have cause to do so, residents may call this number for any matters of concern: 0208 396 7723
Operational times are 24 hours: Thursday 28th July 09:00 to Monday 1st August 17:00
There is no amplified music on Thursday 28th July except for pre-agreed sound checks between 16:00 and 19:00.
Working with The Local Community
A dedicated Residents Manager will be working with residents to discuss and resolve issues and feedback any suggestions for future improvement.
Contact is via the resident’s hotline number or email as above.
Representatives from our Event Management Team, including Acoustic Consultants, together with representatives from Dorset County Council will also be on site throughout the weekend to respond to any issues.
Security staff will be on duty in East Lulworth and Coombe Keynes villages for the duration of the events.
Event Build & Break Traffic
• All contractor traffic coming to Lulworth Castle have been instructed to access the site via the B3070 across the Range Road and around the village bypass to avoid East Lulworth Village as is practicable. Some vehicles will need to access the site via Blue Gate to the east of the site, via East Lulworth village. This will be kept to a minimum. Break traffic will be directed in reverse.
Event Visitors Arrival
• Arrival from the West - directed off the A352 at Burton Cross onto New Buildings Road
• Arrival from the East and the Home Counties - directed south from Bere Regis, to Wool roundabout then East bound on the A352, turning right onto the B3070 over Holmebridge level crossing
• Arrival from Poole / Bournemouth - directed south on the Wareham by-pass at the Worgret roundabout. At the Springfield Hotel traffic will be directed onto Holme Lane
Event Visitors Leaving
• All egress traffic will be directed back the way they arrived
One Way Systems
New Buildings Road
• One-way southbound from 07:00 Thursday to 17:00 Sunday
• One-way northbound from 17:00 Sunday to 15:00 Monday, Holme Lane
• One way westbound from 07:00 to 19:00 Thursday & Friday
• One way eastbound from 07:00 to 15:00 Monday
Temporary Speed Limits
Temporary speed limits will be in place.
As per previous years, the following paths will be partially closed from Sunday 24th July until Tuesday 2nd August:
• Footpath number SE 13 / 2
• Footpath number SE 13 / 3
• Footpath number SE 10 / 4
Please visit the resident’s community webpage for details and a map of the closures.
Refuse Removal and Disposal
There will be litter picking teams in place each day and they will clean surrounding roads in the area on a regular basis.
Please note there will be a fireworks display lasting around 15 minutes on Sunday 31st July at approximately 22:30hrs.
Dorset Police are providing an enhanced cover throughout the event, in East Lulworth village, the Camp Bestival site, and surrounding areas.
Dial 999 if life is at risk or a crime is in progress.
We thank you for your ongoing support.
Residents tickets are available for some areas surrounding the site, eligible areas are those that fall into the community consultation process. More information can be found here.